“Will I get a fine or possibly be charged for underage drinking? I just moved to Buffalo, New York with my mom and dad, we used to live in Amherst. Anyway, the other day I drank too much and had to go to the hospital. When the ambulance picked me up, the police arrived, but I don’t remember what they said and it’s been 5 days. Considering I haven’t heard from them do you think they will do anything? They just took my name but nothing else.”

images (2).jpg

Generally, in New York State, if you were going to be charged for underage drinking, the police would issue a pink summons slip for violating Section 65-c, which is unlawful possession of an alcoholic beverage with the intent to consume by persons under the age of twenty-one. Based on the facts as you describe them, it appears you were not issued such a summons. Given that, although not 100% impossible, it is extremely unlikely you will be charged with anything.

For more questions, contact a Criminal Defense Attorney in Buffalo, Ny today

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s