“I live in Florida but my ex and son live in Canandaigua, New York. Could my case be transferred to Florida and would I have to follow the laws of New York State?”

Andrew Tabashneck Attorney in Buffalo New York

Andrew Tabashneck attorney in Buffalo New York who specializes in Criminal Defense

If the case was initiated in the State of New York, then you must follow the laws of New York State. Even if you moved to another state, you would still be bound by the laws of the state where the children reside and where the case was initiated.

As far as the case getting transferred, it is difficult but not impossible. If there is an issue related to child support, you could modify the child support order in a state outside of New York

For more questions, contact Andrew Tabashneck attorney for a free consultation.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s