Criminal Lawyers should be aware of New York Criminal Penal Law (CPL) § 510.30 which sets out the factors the court will consider when deliberating Bail. These factors include the following:
- Character, reputation, habits and mental condition;
- Employment and financial resources;
- Family ties and the length of his or her residence in the community;
- Criminal record;
- Record or adjudication as a juvenile offender or youthful offender; and
- Record of responding to court appearances.
Furthermore, courts will also consider the following additional factors:
- The weight of the evidence against the accused in the pending criminal action and the likelihood of conviction; and
- The sentence that may be imposed on conviction.
It is very important to have a Criminal Attorney Buffalo NY to represent you so the necessary arguments can be made on your behalf.