“Can my ex-husband say where the kids and I live? He wants to inspect and approve our home in Western New York. Can he do that?”

images (5)

If you have a custody agreement, then it is very likely that you are not permitted to leave the area. Typically, custody agreements contain a provision relating to relocation. If your ex-husband has legitimate issues with the quality of the housing and the safety of the children, he could bring you to Family Court to change the physical custody of the children so that he has physical custody.

There is also a chance that child protective services could be alerted relating to the quality of housing and the impact the housing has on the children.

For more questions, contact a divorce lawyer buffalo ny or criminal lawyer buffalo ny and schedule a free consultation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s